How to Pick Up a Guy Thatís Alone at the Club or BarÖ
From your Gay Life Guide
Often, when we go to a club or bar we see or encounter a guy that we find very attractive. Hereís how to snag that cute guy who's alone in the bar or club.
- Make eye contact with the guy youíre interested in. If he does not see you, pass by him, dance next to him or figure out a way for him to notice you.
- Be sure not to draw too much attention to yourself (i.e. donít make a scene).
- Glance at him several times, but donít stare. If he is interested, he will return your glances.
- Once he returns your glance, give him a slight shy smile. This lets him know that you are interested.
- At this point, if you are not shy, walk up to the group and tap him on the shoulder.
- If you are shy, then pass by him, smile and give a slight gesture for him to come to you or follow you to a quiet corner. If he is interested and not shy he will figure out a way to come up to you or follow you.
- Introduce yourself. Sometimes a mere ďHi, Iím ÖWhatís your name?Ē will do. This will start a conversation.
- Continue the conversation if you can or just dance together. Just be natural. If he likes you, thereís no need to be nervous.
- Donít be alarmed if he ends the conversation or dance. This doesnít necessarily mean he doesnít like you. Keep in mind, he may be nervous as well.
- Let him know that it was nice talking to him and offer to either give him a call or give him your telephone number. Exchange numbers or information.
- Return to the original place you were or dancing and continue to look as cute as your are.
- Finally, relax and congratulate yourself for taking a chance. Donít worry, if he doesnít call then it wasnít meant to be anyway.
More How To's from your Guide to Gay Life