There is no one way to be gay! Being gay does not define who you are- it is merely a part of you. If you think you are "not gay enough" or think you are "too gay" then read this quick guide on how to be gay!
Time Required: Possibly Years!
- Take time to explore yourself. Spend some quality time learning who you are and what you like. Remember, there is no one way to be gay. You can be whoever you are. Once you know yourself completely you gain confidence in yourself and in every other aspect of your life.
- Remove any stereotypes you have about being gay. The media (and even other gay people) often group gay men into one category. There are stereotypes associated with how we look, dress, talk and act with little recognition of our differences and individual personalities. These stereotypes can get ingrained in your head, making it difficult to be yourself. Once you ignore how you are "supposed to be" and start being who you really are, you will find your own place as a gay man.
- Ignore peer pressure from those around you. Peer pressure can be the toughest thing to overcome. You don't have to be a carbon copy of your friends or a cute boy at the bar. Trust me, the right friends and the right man will appreciate your differences!
- There is no such thing as "not being gay enough" or being "too gay." If anyone tells you otherwise they are being dramatic.
- Open yourself to your own sexuality. According to the Kinsey Scale, there are different degrees of sexuality. And yes, there are such things as real bisexuals!
How much are you attracted to men?