Coming Out Of The Closet
Oftentimes, we focus so much on what we may lose by coming out that we forget about what we may gain: Openness and freedom to finally express ourselves openly. Many out gay men can attest that coming out was worth the risk.
- Coming Out Stories
- Wives and Girlfriends
- Coming Out To Your Doctor
- When Your Kids Come Out
- When Your Husband is Gay
Come Out Tips
These step-by-step tips can help guide you through the process of coming out.
Getting Ready To Come Out
You too can be happy! This isn't a statement from a late night infomercial, it's true. I was once suffocated by a cloud of loneliness and fear when I was in the closet. Eventually, I couldn't take it anymore. I decided to come out. Coming out to some people was more painful than others, but overall I don't regret my decision to live out in the open. I'm finally myself—free! These steps helped me along the way. They can help you, too!
- Are You Gay? Ways You Can Tell
- Top 4 Ways Not To Come Out To Your Parents
- What You Thought You Knew About Gay Men (But Were All Wrong)
- Gay, Bi, Or (Almost) Straight? How Gay Are You?
Family and Friends
Coming out can be a risk and isn't always a pleasant experience, especially if you've been rejected by family or friends. How you deal with this situation can make all the difference between becoming a statistic or leading a healthy same-gender loving lifestyle.
- Will My Family Stop Loving Me?
- After Coming Out: Dealing With Family Rejection
- Should I Come Out To My Parents By Email?
- Coming Out To Your Mom (In Anger)?
Off to college, gay? College can be a time to explore and break free from home and high school in your quest to be who you really are. But, before you dive in dorm-first, follow these tips for a better gay college experience.
- Scholarships for Queer Students
- How To Take a Same-Sex Date to Prom
- How Teachers Can Help Gay Students
Work is a place of business, but rarely can you avoid talking about your personal lives. Still, what happens when you're the only one not talking because you're gay? Are you ready to come out to your co-workers?
Coming Out Stories
Personal experiences can be the most valuable thing when coming out of the closet. Read these and share yours.
Wives and Girlfriends
Is it time to come out to your wife or girlfriend?
Coming Out To Your Doctor
Coming out to your doctor can help them better inform you about major health decisions.
- How To Come Out To Your Doctor
- How To Find a Gay-Friendly Doctor
- A Gay Patient's Experience at the Doctor
When Your Kids Come Out
Take a proactive approach and talking to your kids about being gay.
- 6 Steps To Accepting A Gay Loved One
- A Mom Shares Her Son's Coming Out Story
- Outing My Gay Grandson on Myspace
When Your Husband is Gay
Whether you suspect your husband is gay or he's just come out to you, this resource is for you.