This quick questionnaire can help determine if you have an issue with body image*:
- Are you always thinking of the nutritional value of the foods you eat?
- Do you feel angry or guilty when you eat "unhealthy" or "bad" foods?
- Do you use food for comfort?
- Do you constantly think about weight, body size?
- Have you ever induced vomiting?
- Are you happier when you lose weight?
- Do you think thinness equals happiness?
Eating disorders are serious medical conditions. If you've answered yes to any or all of these questions visit The National Eating Disorders Association for help or call the NEDA helpline at 1-800-931-2237.
*Your Gay Life guide is not a medical professional and the advice given is not meant to replace a certified medical evaluation. If you feel you may have an eating disorder, please consult a medical professional. You can also get more information on general health on About.com's board certified Health Channel.