No matter how confident you are, getting a guy's phone number can be very intimidating. It's especially difficult if you don't know if they are gay or not. Here's how to overcome your insecurities about meeting someone you're interested in.
Time Required: 5 Minutes
- Try to make eye contact with the person you are interested in.
- If he returns your glance, then acknowledge it by smiling or nodding. If doesn't, then try to get his attention as subtle as possible.
- Walk over to him and gently tap his shoulder or signal for him to meet you in a neutral location.
- Relax and be confident! Most gay guys actually like to be approached. This method has a huge success rate and is much more affective than waiting for him to come to you.
- Say hello and introduce yourself. It's not necessary to use a "pick up" line; just let the conversation flow.
- Ask him if he would like to go out for coffee or a movie. Many gays appreciate invitations to go on a date. If you aren't sure he is gay, ask! A simple "Excuse me for asking, but are you gay?" will do.
- If he says yes, then ask for his number or give him yours. If he says no, then pat yourself on the back for having the courage to go after what you want.