Its what I am
- I think when I finally came out, I realized that all the times I had relationships with guys and it didn't feel right it wasn't something I was doing wrong. I feel happy to know myself and who I am.
- —Guest aTriniGyul
I love being gay because .........
- it has been the one mainstay in my life that hasn't cost me a dime. I know how to be gay probably better than anyone else and to most that wouldn't be anything to be proud of but for me it's such an accomplishment, such a feat but mainly such a rush. Having this opportunity to showcase my life to the many people that have this negative outlook and opinion about gay people and our so-called frivolous lifestyle. I have this golden opportunity to show them that we are no different from them. Of course I can't possibly represent the entire gay community since we are like a box of chocolates because you truly never know what your going to get. We all know that many don't like being shocked and I don't go out of my way to do so but I don't pretend either. We are living in a time that there are tons and tons of gay people on the planet and even though we have been margainalized to being on 10% of the world's population which seems like a bunch of BS. I'm finally comfortable in my skin.
- —Guest Curt
I finally figured it out.........
- I finally figured it out and instead of it being over, it's going to be OVA'. That is right, I'm going to live honey because sitting around boo hooing about the many people that don't appreciate me or understand me hasn't gotten me anywhere but being that shame sissy in the back, when I should have been that proud, gay person in the front. Being someone that has always felt different wasn't a bad thing but I somehow became my worse critic and made it into more than what it was. Most of the people that I felt would be offended weren't but I just assumed they would be. Even people that act like it was bothering them being around me or by my presences somehow were affected by my absence. I missed out on so much living because I was afraid of what peoople thought or what they were going to say. Once you get over yourself and start being yourself, the people that truly love you are always going to love you and the people that have problems always will. There is nothing you can do.
- —Guest Curt
Being Gay is always Fun
- Being out and proud is awesome! Finally, you get to judge (if that's your thing) everybody without fear. You get to dress however you'd like without having questions asked (not my thing, but if it works for you!). You finally know who your real friends are and you can finally speak openly. Bad side: Locker rooms; straight men always assume you like/are attracted to them. Look too much at a guy and you have a problem. Jobs might discriminate, people might hate you. But the feeling of finally being able to be who you are outweighs all of the bad. And if your parents don't accept you, are they even worthy to be called "parents"? Goes to show you that straight parents aren't always the best people.
- —Guest GG
Two sides of a story
- The upside? A free writ to eschew gender barriers. You don't have to pretend to be masculin or feminin, you can just be yourself. It doesn't take clout or confidence; you're gay! People will just go with it. The downside: Coming out is hell.
- —Guest Marcus
It's the feeling
- The emotional man within cries out almost all the time to get more male attention and cuddling late at night... but the friends around me understand my true self and make me welcome almost all the time. The parternership will be a bumpy road with risks involved...
- —Guest Mr Ray
Best and worst
- The best part about being gay is that you know who your true friends are, who you care about the most (friend-wise) and you get to mess with peoples minds and i love that part and yet being gay has some down sides. When you come out you dont know if your best friend will still like you or if our friends will still be there, me luckily i have awesome friends most are bi but then again they are also straight and they are what is that word im lookin for.... Open minded... I said it, its only open minded people who can think wider and cleared that are more accepting. now a days society is completely close minded, dont think about it which brings me to marriage. Why should two hetero sexual couple who dont love each other but want to get married for the money get married then get a divorce when two gay couple who REALLY love each other not get married... Aint our society filled with such BS? oh btw obama passed it so LGBT couples can visit in health care facilities, they cannot deny visits.
- —Guest Chris Mysona
- The best the thing about truly being gay is knowing that you are different and unique. The worst part is being catergorized into a group of wannabes where girls and guys are seeking attention. It’s so hard to come out and be excepted by people that will never understand what it’s like to be something you never chose to be. We will never be excepted by society because society does not understand because they are not us.
- —Guest M2010
- I don't know,if I am straight,gay/bisexual when I took Bi- quiz,it says I have Bi- sexual
- There are good and bad views of being gay. The bad is that I came out during the 70's and it wasn't easy dealing with my parents exceptance. The good part is that with the struggle's I had to face being me opened doors for present gays. Be proud of who you are and never let people discourage you, for we are a people of many diversities, skills, and knowledge. Through our contributions this country has become great and without us where would fashion be and the arts be.
- —Guest Lonnie48
the good and the bad
- the good part about being gay is that you can be who you want to be and have friends that accept you for who you are. the bad part is it is hard to jump the hurdle of coming out and being judged by people in your life like at work or school
- —Guest anonomous
The Best and Worst About Being A Lesbian
- The worst thing about being a lesbian is that I can't get married to a woman, yet. Another bad thing is both of my parents are homophobes-I'm not out to them yet, just a cousin. The good thing about being a lesbian is that I don't have to worry about getting pregnant. And being gay just adds to the fact that I am already eccentric in so many ways. :)
- —Guest RebeccaDawn
- Judge Dixie Parks in Canton Ohio court wants to take what my partner left me in her will. Its been a battle for me for a year and a half now.JUST THE OTHER DAY SHE TURNED THE DICISION OVER TO ATTORNEY GENERAL. She won't even make the dicision cause its a gay issue and very unusual..Why do they have the right to take anything..This is very heartbreaking, that they go against someones will. What do you think? Am i WRONG Sincerely Corinne
A blessing and a Curse
- The best part about being gay (transgendered) is that I am different. Noticeably different. A special creation outside the norm. What I hate the most about being me...is that I am different. I am not part of the 'norm'.
- —Guest LordShepard
THE Best Thing
- If you're a gay man, then you never have to deal with/worry about pregnancy and you don't have to deal with a woman PMSing :)
- —Guest JordanB